It is a one-way distribution list.. e.g, it will send posts to you but it will NOT allow you to post to it. (This is not a discussion list, simply a distribution list).
There is no fee to participate on this list. It is offered free as a service to the body of Christ.
You can subscribe by email or by web. Eitehr way, you will be asked to confirm your subscription reqeust. (That is a protection to keep you from getting subscried by someone else against your wishes.
To to subscribe by web interface (which most people find easiest), go to http://lists.godspeak.net/mailman/listinfo/prophetic-word and follow the instructions there. Once you enter your suscribe request, an email will be sent to the email address you are subscribing. You must follow the instructions in that email to confirm your subscribe request.
To subscirbe by email, send an email to email@example.com Then follow the simple confirmation instructions that will be emailed to you.
If you encounter any problems in subscribing, please write
admin-prophetic-wordATgodspeak.ccfor assistance.NOTE: we are writing the address symbolically to cut down on spam harvesting. Please subsitute the @ sign for AT to get the actual email address.
prophetic-word-submitATgodspeak.ccNOTE: we are writing the address symbolically to cut down on spam harvesting. Please subsitute the @ sign for AT to get the actual email address.
We cannot guarantee that we will distribute all words submitted to this list.. please do not be offended if you submit a word and it is not distributed.
The email addresses published on this list may NOT be connected and used for you own puposes. For instnace, you may not collect adresses from this list to invite them to join your own list or to try to send them advertizements or to send them your own ministry newsletters. Any use of the addresses published here that is outside of the scope of specifically responding to a word published here is considered unathorized use, and will be ground for immediate and perminate removal from your subscription to the prophetic-word list.
If you post words to the list and discouver your email address is being misused by one of the subcribers, please notify us immediately and we will remove the abuser from the prophetic-word list. To notify us when your address is abused, simply send email to the address below that detatils the abuse. If possible, please forward the list invite or advertizing or personal ministry letter you receive to us as part of the report.
admin-prophetic-wordATgodspeak.ccNOTE: we are writing the address symbolically to cut down on spam harvesting. Please subsitute the @ sign for AT to get the actual email address.
If you wish to reply to the person who gave a specific word, please reply to the address in the "This word was submitted by.." line. Replies sent to the list owner will not be forwarded to the person who contributed the word.
When words are submitted to us (e.g., emailed to prophetic-word submission address, we collect the words into a folder and prayerfully review them once every 8 to 16 weeks. So if you have done a recent submission, it is probably sitting in the folder, awaiting review.
We do have some requirements for a word submission to make it into the folder. It must:
- be submitted in plain text, not in html, and not as a word document.
- The word must be typed in regular case, not ALL CAPITALS. We find all capitals too hard to read and we are not rewilling to retype the word to distribute it. So we will not accept submissions were the word is typed in all capital letters.
- The first/last name of the person who gave the word must be enclused with the submission. We believe in the accountability of the prophet and therefore do not distribute anonymous words.
We periodically review our folder of words. We start by bouncing them aginst are list criteria and eleminating the words that do not meet them. Those criteria include:
- We disqualify words that contridict scripture.
- We do not distribute judgemental or negatively corrective or strogly rebuking words on the list at all. They may be real God-words but they are outside of the parameters that God gave us for this particular list.
- We do no allow words with predictions of impending doom.. such as "God is going to destroy this city or this country by earthqake or flood." Those may (or may not) be valid and real God-words, but they are outside of the scope of what God gave us as guildelines for this particular list.
- We get rid of what I call "fluff.." words that don't say much of anything.
- We disqualify words that are for a specific individual or small group, such as a local church. We only circulate words relevent to the body of Christ at large.
- We disqualify words that strongly promote one area of theology over another, such as pre-tribulation rapture vs post-tribulation rapture vs mid-tribulation rapture. If the word addresses an area of theology where the theologians find many different and equally plausible interpretations, we do not allow words that appear to be written out of a person's theological beliefs.
- We disqualify words that appear to promote or build up another person over God. We do not believe that God would lift any human higher than Himself under any conditions.
- We disqualify all political words, such as "vote for this person" or "vote against that proposition."
After that, the submitted words are prayerfully reviewed. We ask God to show us which ones He wants distributed and which order He wants them distributed in. There are times when God will say, I want this word distrubited, but not in this batch. In those cases the word goes back into the folder to await our next prayerful review session.
If a word is selected for this batch, we then ask God to show us precisely when He wants the word distributed. We do not look at a calandar for special dates/events, we simply ask God to select the order of the words He has selected. It is often amazing how well these words will correlate with special events and holidays, etc.